The Portage County Health District offers all of the appropriate vaccinations for school.
Required Ohio Vaccines:
- Per the Ohio Revised Code (3313.671) students must provide proof of required vaccinations within 14 days of initial entry or at the beginning of each school year in order to remain in school.
- View All Ohio Required Vaccines
- Entering Kindergarten - these include DTaP, Polio, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella.
- Entering the 7th grade - these include one dose of the meningococcal vaccine (also known as MCV4, Menveo, or Menactra) and one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis).
- Entering the 12th grade - these include a second dose of the meningococcal vaccine prior to entry. If the first dose of MCV4 was administered on or after the 16th birthday, a second dose is not required.
Other Age-Appropriate vaccine recommendations:
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) – a vaccine series of two doses, 6 months apart; recommended for all 11-12 year old males and females since 2006 to prevent HPV-related cancers in the future.
- Hepatitis A virus – a series of two doses, 6 months part. Since 2006, this vaccine became a routine recommendation for children greater than 1 year of age.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) virus – two doses of this vaccine after the age of 1 year have been recommended since 2006 and 2 doses are required for all students K-8th grade.
Where to go for Immunizations:
Portage County Health District (second floor)
705 Oakwood Street, 2nd floor
Ravenna, OH 44266
Every Wednesday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Appointments Needed-Call 330-298-4490 to schedule an appointment
Windham Renaissance Family Center (Canceled due to COVID-19 response)
9005 Wilverne Drive
Windham, OH 44288
4th Tuesday of the month, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm (NOTE: no clinic in December 2019)
No Appointment Necessary
City of Kent Health Department
201 East Erie Street, 2nd floor
Kent, OH 44240
3rd Wednesday of the month, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pmAppointments Needed-Call 330-298-4490 to schedule an appointment Be prepared to pay for parking
If your child’s school has scheduled a Back-to-School vaccine clinic with the Portage County Health District please see the cover letter to parents and complete the consent form below. Be sure to indicate which vaccines you would like your child to receive.
If you have any questions, please contact the nursing clinic at 330-298-4490.
Related Forms & Documents: