Potential Child Care Provider Information

Interested in opening a Child Care Center?  Child Care Centers are licensed by Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.  An overview of how to open a child care center can be found on ODJFS website http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/openingachildcareprogram.stm  

Interested in becoming a Licensed Type A or B Family Child Care Provider or a Certified In-Home Aid?  Family Child Care Providers and In-Home Aids are governed by your County Department of Job and Family Services. Please review this brochure for licensing questions or additional information, contact Portage County’s Child Care Certification Specialist, Diane Rogers, at 330-298-4204  or by email at [email protected]

For Questions for Ohio Department of Job & Family Services (ODJFS) Check the Child Care Resource guide for contact information for each department.  https://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/docs/ChildCareinOhioResourceGuide.pdf

General information can be found here:  http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/providers.stm

Provider technical support for Child Care Information Data System (CCIDS), Time, Attendance and Payment (TAP) system, and Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System (OCLQS)  Contact the Child Care Information Data System Help Desk Email: [email protected]  Phone: 1-877-302-2347 Fax #: 614.728.6803

Child Care Providers with questions regarding child care benefits, eligibility or invoicing: • Call PCDJFS at 330-297-3750 to speak to someone in child care unit, select option 1 for public assistance and then option 4 for Child Care.  Email questions to [email protected]