My vehicle has had the vehicle identification plate removed/stolen how do I get a new one?

Contact the Title Division, 614-752-7671 and ask for a replacement VIN letter to be sent to your address. This letter will explain how to apply through the Highway Patrol office ($50 inspection fee) which can result in either the Patrol making a Department of Public Safety VIN replacement plate or applying directly through the manufacturer. The time frame is 6-8 weeks for a manufacturer's plate.  After completion, you may have title replaced at any county title office.