The Portage County Building Department serves all the Townships and Villages in the County. For information and permits within the cities of: Kent, Ravenna, Streetsboro and Aurora; please contact these municipalities directly.
The Portage County Building Department is certified by the State of Ohio and authorized by County Resolutions to perform plan reviews, issue permits, provide inspections and collect fees for the following Residential and Commercial projects:
- All construction, including but not limited to: new construction, additions, alterations, remodeling, decks, porches, ramps, gazebos, garages (including pole barns), pavilions and building demolition.
- All electrical work, including but not limited to: new service, new meters, all new or replacement electrical wiring, swimming pools (licensed electrical contractor required) and ancillary systems (generators, solar and wind).
- All mechanical (HVAC) work, including but not limited to: furnaces, are conditioning, boilers, hydronics, geo-thermal and their related components (ducts, vents, piping), fireplace inserts and wood burning appliances.
- All fire protection systems: sprinklers and fire alarms.
- Plumbing (including water heaters), wells and septic - please contact the Portage County Health Department @330-297-3502
|Type of Inspection Phone|
|Building Inspection Request Line (330) 298-1113|
|Electrical Inspection Request Line (330) 298-4503|