The primary goal of the Pre-Sentence Investigation is to collect data which will assist the Court in sentencing. Defendants are referred to the Adult Probation Department for a PSI at the time of plea or finding of guilt.
The Defendant is required to complete a Pre-Probation Questionnaire which is reviewed during the interview by the PSI Officer.
The PSI Officer investigates and includes the following information in the PSI to the Court:
1. Referral information from the Court
2. Official Version of the offense
3. Personal Background (age, race, residence, education, military, family, etc.)
6. Substance Abuse History
7. Defendant’s Statement
8. Criminal History
9. Victim/Restitution information, if applicable
10. Risk level
11. Sentencing Recommendations