Where do I start if I want to split my property?

 A call or visit to the Regional Planning Commission offices is the best place to start. A copy of the Tax Map showing your property helps the discussion. Tax Maps (May 2020) are available online at https://services.portageco.com/TaxMap/taxmap_surveys/Archived%20Tax%20Ma... or can be purchased at the Tax Map Department on the 3rd floor of the Portage County AdministrationBuilding, 449 S. Meridian St., Ravenna, Ohio.

         A discussion with the local Zoning Inspector about minimum lot size, frontage, and proposed use of the land is also encouraged.