Visit our Park Ranger Resources page to report a concern
Rules and Regulations
Rules for Safety and Fairness
- The park is open from dawn to dusk
- Dogs must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Pick up and properly dispose of dog waste.
- Alcohol, other intoxicants, and illegal substances are prohibited
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Motor vehicles are prohibited, unless as permitted for handicapped accessibility
- No swimming
- Commercial activities are prohibited unless special permits are granted.
- Disorderly conduct, including excessive loudness, loitering and indecency is prohibited
- Visitors must stay on designated trails
- Trespassing onto adjacent property is prohibited
- Special events must be scheduled with the Park District in advance
Rules for the Protection of Resources
- No person shall knowingly harm any part of the park, park structures or natural features.
- No dumping or littering; waste must be disposed of properly.
- Removal or introduction of natural features, living or nonliving, is prohibited.
- Fishing is allowed only as designated. Harming or feeding of wildlife is prohibited.
- Hunting and trapping are prohibited without a permit issued by the Park District.
- Fires are only allowed in designated areas or by permit. Fireworks are prohibited.
- Approved ‘Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices’ (OPMDs) are permitted when necessary for handicapped accessibility on trails unless conditions prohibit them from certain areas.
- Parking is limited to designated areas and open park hours.
Consideration and polite behavior are essential in order to ensure the enjoyment of all
trail users and protection of our natural resources
- Stay on designated trails.
- Obey traffic signs and rules.
- Share the trail, watch and listen for others.
- Keep right so others can pass.
- Warn other trail users when passing with an audible signal.
- Keep all pets on leash.
- Pack out all garbage and litter, including your pet’s waste
- Respect adjoining landowners’ rights and privacy.