2021 Headwaters Race - July 10, 2021
The Portage Park District Foundation plans to hold the Headwaters Adventure Race on July 10, 2021 at 8 a.m.!
Restrictions will be in place for in-person racers and a virtual race option is available for those who choose to race on their own.
RUN, PEDAL and PADDLE for trails and
Run 2 miles on the Headwaters Trail
Bike 10 miles on rural roads past scenic landscapes
Paddle 5 miles on the Upper Cuyahoga Scenic River
run, bike and paddle (aka solo)
2-Person All-Phase Team
both run, bike and paddle (must cross the finish line at the same time)
2-Person Relay Team
one person runs, the other bikes, both paddle
Virtual Only All-Phase
run, bike and paddle on a course and a day of your choosing (this option is not award eligible)
We are working on developing COVID Guidelines for the race. Given the unpredictability of this virus, we reserve the right to make modifications to the guidelines up until 06/28/2021.
Regular (ends 06/27)
Late Entries (06/ 28 – 07/10)
Cost Per Person
Students (18 and under)
SWAG pickup will be available before the race and will include everything you need for the race. During pickup, racers need to be courteous, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. *Pickup times and locations will be sent out two weeks prior to the race. Limited race day pickup will also be offered.
FIRST TIME RACERS CHEAT SHEET
- Register for RACE
- Get your TRAIN on
- Pick a day and time to pick up your packet and get your SWAG
- If you are using your own kayak/canoe - drop off at Camp Hi prior to coming to Buchert Park.
- Arrive at Buchert Park, volunteers will show you where to park and then you will check-in at the pavilion.
- Set up your bike at the bike transition spot.
- Get ready to RUN, the starting line is at Buchert Park at E. High St. The race kicks of at 8 AM, you will make your way to the Headwaters trail where you will run 1-mile out and 1-mile back
- Return to the park, retrieve your bike and begin your PEDAL to Camp Hi. (You will leave your bike at Camp Hi, to be picked up after the race)
- Arrive at Camp Hi, drop off your bike at the bike transition spot. Grab a life jacket and PADDLE and proceed to your kayak/canoe to complete the river portion of the race.
- Arrive at Buchert Park via the Cuyahoga River, volunteers will assist you in your exit and instruct you to run through the finish line on land. You HAVE to cross the finish line to officially complete the race.
- Refreshments will be available at the pavilion.
- Pick up your bike at Camp Hi on your way home.
- Grab a drink and tell your family and friends about the awesome race.